The candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team that includes the disciplines of finance, research, acquisitions, asset management and marketing.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Assembling and modifying discounted cash flow projection models with respect to an investment, utilizing both Excel and Argus.
- Assist with all due diligence relating to new investments including but not limited to the review of third party environmental and engineering reports, title, survey, historical financial statements, leases, and market research.
- Assembling and drafting investment memos to be presented to Company and client investment committees.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of properties and portfolios.
- Create/maintain portfolio models.
- Assist with financing and disposition transactions.
- Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling; high competency in preparing cash flows.
- Highly proficient in Argus and Microsoft Office with expertise in Excel.
- Undergrad degree with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Minimum four years’ experience as an investment Analyst/Sr. Analyst in a major real estate firm in either acquisitions or a hybrid acquisitions and asset management role.
- Proven track record of success deploying capital into investments that generate projected returns and create long-term value for all stakeholders.
- Experience in the investment underwriting both commercial and residential asset types. Experience underwriting development opportunities is preferred.
- Experience in preparing written investment recommendations and participating in investment opportunity presentations.
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and possess the ability to execute effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Candidate must possess strong interpersonal communication and writing skills as well as a high degree of integrity.