Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets.
We are seeking a Senior Program Pricing Analyst - Material Estimator for our West Palm Beach, FLlocation.
This Senior Pricing and Estimating position will work with Aerojet Rocketdyne Program & Proposal Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations and Contracts to contribute to producing accurate, responsive, compliant, on-time cost proposals. Reports to the Manager, Material Estimating.
This position may be filled at this level or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The Senior Program Pricing Analyst contributes in costing the Bill of Materials (BOM) for the Pricing and Estimating organization in support of Aerojet Proposals and in compliance with estimating standards and Aerojet procedures. Responsible for estimating and costing development and production type BOM’s with moderate degrees of complexity and risk including utilizing appropriate methodology and rationale.
The successful individual will work under limited direction of more senior estimating team members to determine approach to objectives, demonstrating an understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices. May provide guidance to and check work of less senior estimators on mechanics of tasks and strategies employed.
85% - Material Estimators generally perform the following in support of proposals:
- Read and understand RFP requirements and ground rules/assumptions used in proposals.
- Work with Engineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing to obtain the latest BOM to initiate the estimating process.
- Work with Program Management and Integrated Product Teams to determine proposal specific BOM requirements including tooling, test units, spares or any materials not identified on the latest BOM.
- Work with functional areas to identify excess material attrition/scrap factors
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Material Planners current inventory, material transfers and historical part pricing.
- Identify current quote requirements in order to achieve 80% or more of the Proposal BOM (PBOM) if required. Coordinate with Supply Chain Material Program Managers the supplier quote process.
- Evaluate incoming cost estimates, quotes and other relevant data for accuracy and completeness, populate the PBOM and incorporate escalation and quantity factors.
- Produce PBOM Addendums and otherschedules.
- Focal for all material estimates, cost substantiation, PBOM development, and audit files.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with FAR/TINA requirements on proposal substantiation, basis of estimates, fact-finding, and negotiation.
- Maintain auditable files for proposals and cooperates with Government audits.
- Ensure disclosure of cost and pricing data and compliance with TINA.
- Provide fact-finding and negotiations support.
15% – Maintain estimating system and procedures.
- Collects, analyzes and stores data for estimating and analysis.
- Keep current with federal acquisition regulations (FAR) and customer requirements.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and monitoring estimating data and standards, procedures and processes.
- Conceives plans and executes process improvement projects involving the development of new approaches and methods to attain objectives.
- May provide input to department objectives and long-range goals.
- Keeps current with programs, customers and Aerojet Rocketdyne program team.
- Participates in systems and procedures audits.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering, finance, business management or manufacturing operations discipline and six (6) or more years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate US Security Clearance. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and PreferredQualifications/Experience:
- Understanding of applicable federal acquisition regulations plus a strong knowledge of current (TINA) disclosure requirements.
- Knowledge of algebraic and statistical mathematics, an analytical aptitude, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with estimating and pricing procedures, audit methods.
- Manufacturing, material planning, finance or supply chain background – or some knowledge of the processes.
- Basic understanding of Blue Prints / Drawings, Part lists, Manufacturing and Engineering Drawings/BOMs.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with aerospace rocket motor program materials and manufacturing processes is a plus.