Senior Analyst, Program Pricing - Material Estimator
Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets.
We are seeking a Senior Program Pricing Analyst for our Canoga Park, CAlocation.
This Senior Pricing and Estimating position will work with Aerojet Rocketdyne Program & Proposal Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations and Contracts. Contributes to produce accurate, responsive, compliant, on-time cost proposals. Reports to the Manager, Estimating and Pricing.
This position may be filled at this level or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The Senior Program Pricing Analyst contributes in costing the Bill of Materials (BOM) for the Pricing and Estimating organization in support of Aerojet Rocketdyne proposals and in compliance with estimating standards and Aerojet Rocketdyne procedures. Responsible for assisting in estimating and costing both development and production type BOMs with moderate degrees of complexity and risk including utilizing appropriate methodology and rationale.
The successful individual will work under limited general direction, following established direction to determine approach to objectives, demonstrating an understanding and application of basic principles, concepts and practices.
85% - Reads and understands RFP requirements and documents and communicates ground rules/assumptions used in proposals. Material Estimators generally perform the following in support of the cost proposals:
- Work withEngineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing to obtain the latest BOM to initiate the estimating process.
- Work with Program Management and Integrated Product Teams to determine BOM requirements based on the statement of work (SOW) including tooling, test units, spares or any materials not identified on the latest BOM.
- Work with functional areas to identify excess material attrition/scrap factors.
- Identify current quote requirements in order to achieve 80% or more of the Proposal BOM (PBOM) if required.
- Coordinate the supplier quote process with Supply Chain Material Program Managers.
- Coordinate current inventory, material transfers and historical part pricing with Supply Chain Material Planners.
- Review quotes received and populate the PBOM.
- Incorporate material escalation and quantity variance curve factors to extend pricing for required quantities and dates.
- Produce PBOM Addendums and otherschedules.
- Focal for all estimates, cost substantiation, PBOM development, and auditsupport files.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with FAR/TINA requirements on proposal substantiation, basis of estimates, fact-finding, and negotiations.
15% - Maintains pricing systems and procedures.
- Collects, analyzes and stores data for estimating and analysis.
- Keeps current with federal acquisition regulations and customer requirements.
- Participates in developing, maintaining and monitoring material estimating standards, procedures and processes.
- Conceives and plans process improvement projects involving the development of new approaches and methods to attain objectives.
- May provide input to department objectives and long-range goals.
- Keeps current with programs, customers and Aerojet program team.
- Participates in the planning and performance of systems and procedures audits.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering, finance, business management or manufacturing operations and six (6) or more years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship Only Required. Dual Citizenship does not meet job qualifications. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level.
Additional Requirements and PreferredQualifications/Experience:
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and statistics, analytical aptitude, strong oral and written communication skills needed.
- Requires familiarity with estimating and pricing procedures, audit methods.
- MS Office (especially advanced use of MS Excel).
- Manufacturing, material planning, finance or supply chain background – or some knowledge of the processes.
- Basic understanding of Blue Prints / Drawings, Part lists.
- Understands difference between Manufacturing and Engineering Drawings/BOMs.
- Requires the willingness and ability to travel by land or air to supplier or customer facilities and ability to work extended hours when proposal schedules necessitate.
- Understanding of applicable federal acquisition regulations and standards plus a strong knowledge of current (TINA) disclosure requirements expected.
- General knowledge of estimating and pricing procedures and audit methods needed.
- Familiarity with aerospace rocket motor program materials and manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge with EBS ProPricer or other pricing software preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in this position must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.