The Times is looking for a senior analyst to work on messaging and personalization in our journalism products. In this role, you will work with our teams to grow some of our most important ways of reaching our readers: through our newsletters, mobile apps, and recommendations across surfaces. You will partner with the newsroom, designers, engineers, and product teams to run experiments and develop data-driven insights that are both strategic and operational.
- You will analyze large datasets, and extract insights that can be distilled into actionable solutions
- Design, execute and analyze complex A/B tests to improve the user journey
- Democratize data and insights through skillful data structuring and use of visualization tools
- Oversee all phases of the analytical lifecycle, from problem definition to representation of results and driving them into implementation
- Influence roadmap for product development
- Strong skills in SQL
- 3+ years experience in analytical roles
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience applying statistics to business problems
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Chartio, or Looker
- Familiarity with Google BigQuery or other big data environments
- Experience in media industry or with email, app or web analytics is a plus but not required.