Works closely with senior leadership to collect engineering best practices and research energy reducing strategies to optimize the engineering design of Ascension healthcare facilities. Develops data-driven solutions to complex design problems. Serves as a resource to Medxcel and Health Ministries on construction projects.
- Prepares information regarding design standards, specifications, materials, equipment costs, and construction time.
- Researches, plans, designs, and maintains code and regulatory compliance for building standards.
- Manages the work of engineers and equipment suppliers.
- Maintains the Ascension Design and Construction Standards for engineering.
- Reviews technical documents including drawings and specifications for correct implementation of Standards and to develop high performance design.
- Maintains building commissioning and building automation standards.
- Provides project team support for Systemwide participation in group purchasing organizations through The Resource Group.
- Actively research and study new developments in healthcare facilities for possible incorporation within Ascension.
- Collaborate with the Medxcel Energy and Ascension Environmental Stewardship Program as necessary to align engineering standards.
- Maintains dependable relationships with the customers of Medxcel PDC, including System Office associates, Health Ministries and external vendors.
- Five years of engineeringexperiencerequired, seven preferred
- Healthcareexperience is preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is preferred, licensure not required
- Experience in building commissioning is preferred
- Working knowledge of building automation controls required
Job ID: 213019