The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with the current financial regulations. Comprised of master jugglers, this team balances Google's legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases covered.
Marketing Finance is a highly analytical, global team, dedicated to maximizing business through thought leadership and partnering, and to ensure quality controls are in place for Marketing spend.
In this role, you will work closely with teams across Finance, Marketing and Google Compliance to drive cross-functional alignment and support controls and risk management practices across Marketing. You will partner with process and control owners to assess and evaluate control deficiencies and execute remediation plans.
You will be instrumental in shaping the culture and success of this team. You are a motivated team player and work seamlessly with cross-functional teams, advocating best practices and continually looking for ways to improve process control in the most efficient way possible.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financialprocesses, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Aid in development and maintenance of global marketing policies and procedures to address areas of risk/control gaps while streamlining the agreement making and spend commitment process.
- Manage escalation process and resolutions, including global escalation resources for approval decisions and adjudication of policy questions.
- Maintain detective controls to identify policy violations and side agreements, remediate and sanction violations, track, develop regular reporting.
- Act as subject matter expert, advisor and drive implementations of policies and processes.
- BA/BS degree in a Business/Commerce discipline, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of work experience in finance/accounting/controls in advertising, software, technology, retail, consumer electronics, or manufacturing.
- MBA, CPA or relevant Master's degree.
- Proficiency in at least one data language such as SQL.
- Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, and motivated self-starter.
- Strong business acumen, data analysis and communication skills.