The Sr. Analyst, IT Service Management will have responsibility in IT disaster recovery for applying policy, process, and procedures to ensure that TDA's alternate datacenters and disaster recovery plans are maintained. The Sr. Analyst will ensure the disaster recovery processes are operating as intended and documented / tested to ensure readiness in a disaster situation. The Sr. Analyst will work change management activity and maintain appropriate approval, scheduling, and communication processes to ensure that changes to TD Ameritrade's technology are well understood, tested, communicated, and deployed in a controlled manner. The Sr. Analyst works across the technology and business organizations to ensure that major incidents undergo root cause analysis and action items to permanently repair root cause.
IT Disaster Recovery Support
- Adhere to / enhance processes & procedures for the support and activation of the disaster recovery environment.
- Maintain / Enhance TD Ameritrade's Disaster Recovery program with a major focus on maintaining the viability, accuracy and completeness of all DR documentation.
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis on all current and new applications in use by TD Ameritrade.
- Lead DR exercise and validation program with focus on achieving all exercise goals and objectives, assuring adequacy of end-state recovery environments and coordinating activities of technology support resources.
- Plan and coordinate exercises in support of Vendors & Critical Financial Institutions.
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve processes through the use of best practices from internal and external sources.
IT Problem Management
- Identify subject matter expert and appropriate technology teams to be engaged during the problem investigations
- Lead Problem Management investigations with technical subject matter expert. Diagnosing causes of incidents, determining the resolution, and ensuring that the resolution is implemented.
- Responsible for the prevention of recurring incidents by determining root cause and driving implementation of corrective actions.
- Deliver results of the problem investigation to stakeholders. upport and deliver regularly scheduled metrics.
- Identify opportunities for new metrics.
- Prevent problems and eliminate recurring incidents proactively through trend analysis within incident data.
- Overseeing process improvement efforts and reporting on the status of enhancements.
- Be an advocate for the Problem Management process.
- Support and deliver regularly schedule metrics. Identify opportunities for new metrics.
IT Change Management
- Ensure Change Management policies and procedures are adhered to. Identify and recommend areas for user training to enhance adherence to policy. Ability to enforce compliance with established process / procedure.
- Review daily change reports and ensure requests for change meet appropriate lead times, approval levels, and documentation standards.
- Review individual changes for Risk and assist teams to re-categorize change requests that may not have been assessed appropriately.
- Review forecasts of change requests, identify collisions in projects and deployments.
- Support and deliver regularly scheduled metrics. Identify opportunities for new metrics.
- BS/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in large enterprise environments
- Knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies
- Experience and understanding of product lifecycle management
- Ability to automate common and repeatable tasks/processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills necessary in Word, Excel, Presentation and Visio
- Understanding of project management methodologies and processes (Lean, Agile)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities through collaborative team discussions, customer feedback, and challenging the status quo
- Ability to create "Run Books" for day-to-day support
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams towards a common goal
- Ability to manage, track, and report on multiple work efforts in parallel
- Ability to take charge and act independently within scope of responsibilities
- Experience within e-commerce or financial services industry preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
- Technology certifications a plus (i.e. CCNA, MSCE, etc.)
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed