We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
This position is responsible for the administration, analysis, design, implementation and daily support/troubleshooting activities for Foundational Applications team, This consists of the Unix/Windows and associated environments. Encompassing
Security, Active Directory, patching, and security applications.
This position also entails the leadership of both projects and people to enhance the engineering UNIX/Windows environments. This position takes a leadership role in security vulnerability management and patch management across all UNIX/Windows environments.
- Performs expert level server administration functions, including configuring, installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and operating systems.
- Plans, implements, and supports changes to the Windows, Linux servers.
- Performs daily UNIX/Windows system administration duties and maintenance for user account management, backups, system patching, DNS, LDAP, NTP, monitoring, etc.
- Leads the UNIX/Windows team in the areas of security scanning and vulnerability management, responds to security alerts and findings while making recommendations for appropriate mitigation strategy.
- Performs daily UNIX system administration duties and maintenance for user account management, backups, system patching, DNS, LDAP, NTP, monitoring, etc.
- Collaborates with User Support to provide Level II and III troubleshooting in support of technical solutions.
- Develops and maintains IT liaison relationship with functional departments and key users.
- Provides analysis and system design based on requirements from the end customers who are primarily engineers.
- Provides detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions.
- Develops and maintain relationships with technology vendors to meet business needs. Manage hardware and software support agreements with the vendors.
- Identifies and explores new technologies and best practices that could advance the infrastructure to improve performance, reliability and availability.
- Leads medium-to-large scale tasks or small-to-medium projects efficiently, on time and within budget, using appropriate resources of time, funds and person
- Develop and maintain IT liaison relationship with R&D departments and key users and vendors
- Simplifies technical jargon so that it is easily understood by the audience
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong UNIX/Windows Server Operating System implementation and administration skills Server 2008/2012, Ubuntu and Redhat
- Experience supporting UNIX/Windows systems in a heterogeneous networked environment
- Experience with the configuration/administration of BladeCenter/System technologies (HP, IBM)
- Have configuration management experience using kickstart, jumpstart, puppet and Red Hat satellite.
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS Administration skills
- Have a good understanding of IT future direction and technology trends.
- Have good understanding of TCP/IP networking and in-depth knowledge of Unix networking
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP Protocol
- Expert troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Highly organized self-starter with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial, flexible attitude with ability to work well in ambiguous, changing situations and reprioritize work accordingly
- Function independently with minimal direction to drive a project to execution
- Strong interpersonal and clear communication skills (verbal and written)
- A sustained ability to execute on critical projects with accelerated schedules and manage demands with frequent changes or delays
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team
- Willing to work long (sometimes odd) hours
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or eight to ten years demonstrated technical experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Candidates must have eight to 10 years in Systems Administration and demonstrated experience with administration of UNIX/Windows LDAP, Active Directory, VMware, SAN/NAS platforms, Windows Servers, Linux Servers and network systems