- Assists in communications between the business unit, IS core team, and vendor providing IS services related to the area of expertise.
- Co-ordinates the initiation, assessment, approval and status of all project requests submitted to vendor.
- Participates in the prioritization of core services and new projects and services.
- Monitors application or technical resource usage and escalates situations which may cause usage to exceed approved, authorized levels.
- Assist the team’s effort to monitor service levels, contract compliance, and research and escalate deviations to appropriate levels.
- Assists the business unit in justifying projects, by participating in the investment decision process to ensure that the IS initiatives are aligned to the business priorities.
- Participates in application or technology development projects.
- Assist in overseeing projects ensuring they stay on track with defined initiatives.As necessary, performs any other relevant duties to aid in the success of the organization.
The following qualification factors reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
- Bachelor’s degree with advanced technical degreepreferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience within technical specialization; Possess knowledge of various technologies in both mainframe and enterprise platforms.
- Possess in-depth knowledge in area of applied specialty.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to assist in managing incidents as they occur by working with multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried out effectively among all parties.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Organizational skills to help analysts manage projects, resources, risk, and change.
- Ability to implement approved actions and workarounds with vendors while minimizing risk.
- Possess knowledge and experience in area of specialty.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills.
- The IS Specialist must have technical skills and the ability to understand technical systematic issues and communicate issues effectively to management and peers in their area of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with end users, as well as with other analysts, programmers, and other systems professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Effective communication skills that promote the establishment of partnerships with service providers.