$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
ALG is TrueCar's forecasting and consulting arm – demystifying data is what we do best. As the industry benchmark for future vehicle valuations, we are privileged to work with all of the industry's key players. We use world-class analytics and insights to help our clients make decisions influencing sales plans.
The Industry Insights team is responsible for using industry knowledge and data analysis to determine launch residual values for vehicles and performing consulting studies for future vehicle launches.
ABOUT THE JOB:
• The Senior Analyst sets residual values in accordance with ALG processes and methodology, while understanding the rationale of the result.
• Uses industry knowledge and data analysis to develop clear and supported reports to explain residual values and positioning.
• Has strong knowledge of the automotive industry, such as key stakeholders, makes, models, segments, performance, etc.
• Capable of sharing powerful qualitative and quantitative feedback to RV reports and during meetings.
• Positively represents ALG externally by attending industry and internal functions that may include senior leadership.
• Assists in training and process improvements to improve RV output and team dynamic.
• Involvement in bi-monthly residual value publications by assisting management to ensure accuracy and on-time milestones.
• 35-40% Travel Required
WHAT YOU NEED:
• 7+ years of automotive experience
• BS/BA degree (auto engineering, business administration, applied statistics, business economics)
• Understands automotive industry, competitive landscape and can relate this to the resale market.
• Has knowledge-based opinions about market.
• Prior interaction with senior members at OEMs and experience presenting to senior members internally and externally
• Offers qualitative opinions and data driven recommendations regarding the automotive industry
• Experience mentoring junior members of team in completion of daily tasks.
• Knowledgeable of the factors that impact residual/resale values.
• Previously involved in initiatives to improve methodology or processes.
• Establishes and monitors own milestones to ensure projects and responsibilities are completed on time
• Must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle complex projects and tasks
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
• Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
• Strong independent representation at internal/external functions and meetings with senior management and provides positive example to teammates.
• Knowledgeable of external sources, such as IHS, PIN and AutoSource
NICE TO HAVE:
• Tableau and/or other data visualization tools
Valid Through: 2019-9-13