This position is responsible for preparing management reporting and analysis and supporting corporate strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and investor relations activities.
- Prepare management reporting and dashboards encompassing the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow with proactive analysis and commentary on business performance.
- Support the development and consolidation of annual operating plan and periodic forecasts, capital and long range plans, and other planning activities. In collaboration with BU Finance support, provide variance analysis. Identify and recommend corrective action plans as needed.
- Support execution of key financial strategies internally and externally through analysis, themes, and presentations in preparation for quarterly earnings releases, shareholder updates, and senior leadership and board of director meetings.
- Provide financial support to strategic projects, key initiatives and process improvement teams.
- Work with Finance team members to review the management reporting structure of the business, including profit centers, cost centers and accounts and identify efficiencies or opportunities.
- Support continuous improvement efforts in financial processes and tools incorporating best practices.
- Create dynamic financial models to evaluate business scenarios and support business decisions.
- Assist in financial analysis and designing PowerPoint presentations.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Works well in a team environment and demonstrates the ability to interact with various professional levels within the organization.
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle simultaneous high priority projects on tight deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (e.g., pivot tables, v-lookup).
- Experience using Hyperion/Oracle Essbase or similar financial software application.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Minimum 5years experience in financial roles, preferable in a large corporate environment
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification or MBA is a plus