The Senior Reporting Analyst is responsible for producing and analyzing data related to Adtalem’s higher education institutions. This includes, but is not limited to, student enrollment, demographics, financial aid, student accounts, graduation, and post-graduate outcomes. The Senior Analyst prepares data required by accreditors, states, the federal government, and other regulators. Responsibilities also include analytics for internal stakeholders and external messaging campaigns. The position reports to the Director of Reporting and Analytics.
- Fulfill institutions’ regulatory reporting obligations by reviewing requirements, writing reports and queries, conducting QA testing, and submitting data in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Review data prepared by other teams for external release, ensuring accuracy, transparency, and compliance with regulations and organizational standards.
- Provide Business Intelligence services, such as scheduled reports and ad hoc analytics, to inform the organization of key metrics, trends, and industry comparisons.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and system processes that underly the data.
- Serve as primary data provider to other teams such as Licensing and Compliance Operations.
- Support the Government Relations and Communications teams in efforts to tell our institutions’ stories in a compelling way while remaining accurate and compliant.
- Partner with IT to leverage analytics platforms and reporting tools with an eye toward automation, data sharing, and documentation.
- Participate in large data projects, building complex databases, integrating disparate data sources, or utilizing new applications.
- Track industry news, public policy reports, proposed regulations, or legislation that could impact the organization, and proactively provide data-driven insights.
- Identify and implement improvements to reporting procedures and quality of service to internal customers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, reporting, data science, programming, or closely related field.
- Experience working with relational databases and writing queries to extract, transform, and analyze data. Intermediate to advanced SQL skills are strongly preferred.
- Experience with Snowflake, Microsoft Power BI, and/or Tableau is a plus. Familiarity with Banner (Student Information System) and/or Salesforce CRM is also advantageous.
- Must have excellent critical thinking, analytical, and project management skills.
- Must be able to problem-solve, work independently, and thrive in a deadline-driven, ever-evolving environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required, with the ability to present complex information in a straightforward way that others can understand.
- Experience in the higher education space, external reporting, or a highly regulated industry is preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.