The Sr. Workday Configuration Analyst will be a key partner with MGM Resort International’s HR Leadership team in providing Workday systems support to all other HR functions. The Sr. Workday Configuration Analyst is responsible for driving HR process improvements via system setup and maintenance of business processes within Workday. The Sr. Workday Configuration Analyst will partner with other HR business units, Payroll, IT, and vendors to implement changes, enhancements, and new releases, ensuring data integrity, and developing processes to optimize capabilities of the system. The Sr. Workday Configuration Analyst will partner with IT when necessary to troubleshoot issues with integrations to/from and between Workday and other systems.
- Evaluates and delivers complex functional and technical solutions within Workday based on their own in-depth understanding of Workday’s object-oriented architecture and Workday’s integration with other systems.
- Actively seeks out new Workday functionality and/or enhancements to existing functionality and its possible use in the MGM Resorts International implementation of Workday.
- Configure businessprocesses and corresponding business process and domainsecurityfor the following modules:
- Core HCM
- Talent Management
- Manage overall data integrity and accuracy of Workday, and work with the IT group to maintain the uptime of Workday’s service endpoints with downstream systems, while serving as HCMS expert in support of HR business processes and data integration.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of Workday releases and changes. Partner with Release Manager to determine the effect of releases and changes to current or future use.
Partner with HCMS Solutions team to create recommendations for functional area roadmaps based on upcoming Workday enhancements.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years requiredexperience in Human Resources Operations (i.e. Employment, Compensation, Labor Relations, HRIS, etc.) and with a Human Capital Management (HCM) system such as Workday, PeopleSoft, or Oracle.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience related to implementation of HR applications.
- Experience in Workday, Cornerstone Learning Management System and Kronos Time Tracking. Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.