Senior Analyst - GBSC Compliance Quality Assurance Testing
At MasterCard, we are committed to protecting our network from being used to facilitate money laundering or terrorist financing, and to ensure that Sanctions and Export Controls requirements are met. The Global AML, Sanctions and Export Compliance teams have implemented robust compliance programs that are designed to meet regulatory obligations and ensure that internal and external constituents have robust programs in place to meet Mastercard and/or regulatory requirements.
The Global Compliance team has responsibility for testing of critical functions to ensure that processes and procedures are done accurately, timely, and in accordance with Mastercard Policies, Standards and Regulatory requirements. By way of example, Quality Assurance testing covers such functions as Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic Sanctions and Export Controls, and includes, but is not limited to, tests on alert generation and disposition, customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence and sanctions screening. Quality Assurance testing spans the Mastercard enterprise, including core teams, business units, subsidiaries, acquired entities, and vendors that provide applicable services.
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for MasterCard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law and Franchise Integrity team to build a legal and compliance shared services function. The GBSC team will support the Global AML, Sanctions and Export Compliance teams in meeting our compliance function obligations.
Reporting to the Director, GBSC Compliance Services, the Senior Analyst role will be a part of the GBSC and support the Global Compliance teamconductingQA testing, creates reporting and tracks and monitors action plans on a recurring and ad hoc basis.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Communicate with business owners/staff to schedule the QA test
• Conduct the QA test and retain supporting documentation
• Produce comprehensive reports regarding the success or failure of the test and making recommendations to mitigate any additional risk identified
• Deliver draft report to Global Compliance for review
• Submit report to business owners for review and schedule discussion
• Track responses and follow up with business owners regarding action plans for remediation
• Maintain current and accurate QA tracker and enter all QA test reports, responses, action plans and supporting documentation in case management system
• Escalate issues to GBSC Director such as non-cooperation or non-receipt of requested information
• Update QA standards and procedures documents
• Provide metrics regarding QA tests and action plans
• Provide support for audits, exams, inquiries, risk assessments and other requests as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree required, ACAMS Certification preferred
• AML or Sanctions Quality Assurance experience preferred
• Ability to proactively manage time and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments to meet target date for deliverables
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines with thorough, accurate and quality work products
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and in-depth analytical skills
• Ability to monitor and interpret information for decision-making and presentation
• At ease conducting meetings and presentations to different levels of staff
• Must have persistent follow-up skills
• Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to write comprehensive factual, concise and detailed reports
• Advanced level of knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and Tableaupreferred