The Senior Analyst, Financial Systems is responsible for performing system requirements analysis, functional system design, integrated testing, and solutions maintenance of the Financial Applications. As an Applications expert, this position is responsible for the successful implementation of technology solutions in the Corporate Accounting and Finance business areas by following Securitas' SDLC and Agile Project Management, Change Control and testing methodologies.
Supervision will be provided by the IT Director, Financial Systems
No direct reports but will manage projects utilizing internal and external team members.
Systems Design and Implementation
- Responsible for implementing and supporting multiple Oracle ERP Cloud core finance applications
- Provide expert solutions in the Oracle ERP Cloud core finance modules: General Ledger, Contracts, Accounts Receivable, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Tax Cloud and Cash Management. Maintain Oracle configuration changes in respective application areas.
- Work with Business Analysts, Process Owners and End Users to analyze business requirements.
- Support configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training
- Develop test scenarios and test scripts in the impacted solutions to facilitate appropriate integrated testing.
- Implement new system solutions and lead system testing and resolution of system issues per Securitas' project management methodology.
- Work closely with applications Support group to ensure proper post-implementations handoff.
- Closely work with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions
- Create and maintain system/application documentation (requirements, processes, procedures)
- Provide applications knowledge in evaluating and improving current business processes.
- Provide expertise on new application releases and new functionality in Financial modules
Advance Level Support
- Provide cross-module and cross-functional area integration support.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of all application system setup information.
- Interact with technical/development professionals in the design and support of required specific customizations, interfaces and extensions to the Oracle ERP Cloud applications.
- Support in the investigation and resolution of reported system issues. Provide system information, utilize diagnostic techniques, guide the efforts of the production support and interface with vendor support as required.
- Follow prescribed methodologies and processes in completing Oracle support and implementation activities.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline.
- MBA or CPA a plus.
- Prior experience in Oracle implementation projects (full lifecycle)
Business and Technical Experience:
- 5 -8 years of Oracle cloud/ EBS experience implementing and supporting some combination of Oracle Financials applications such as: General Ledger (GL), Sub-ledger Accounting (SLA), Accounts Receivables (AR), Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Cloud Tax, Procure-to-Pay (P2P) and Contract modules.
- Functional professional with at least a full cycle ERP Financials implementation experience.
- Experience working on Oracle's cloud-based ERP system or a professional who has transitioned to Oracle Cloud Financials, coming from a major ERP i.e. Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, SAP is desirable.
- Hands on experience in requirements gathering, design, development, and testing of Oracle ERP Finance applications
- Experience implementing and supporting Vertex, Hyperion applications and other similar applications is desirable
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and recommend industry-best practices based on business requirements
- Ability to take part in cross-functional discussions to analyze requirements and recommend solutions
- Experience in solution architecture and writing functional specifications, functional solution design for technical development in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent business process knowledge of the following: Procure-to-Pay (PTP); Order-to-Cash (OTC) or Record to Report (R2R) processes
- Business process analysis and redesign experience, strong business analysis skills, process mapping, business process redesign and implementation
- Knowledge of all phases of Systems Development Life Cycle is required.
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop recommendations and solutions
- Experience in creating reports utilizing BI Publisher; SmartView; Essbase; FRS (financial reporting studio) and OTBI (Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence) is desirable
- Experience converting data from legacy systems.
- Experience in developing and executing test plans is required.
- Experience with BI reporting technologies, Oracle Business Intelligence, Cognos a plus
- Hands on experience with ERP cloud security and workflows is desirable
- Samples of design documents as well as operational documentation may be requested.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Multitask - Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shift attention among multiple tasks.
- Communication – Ability to present and explain ideas in plain English to a wide range of audience (technical community, business community, management). Read, write and speak fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary.
- Critical thinking - Demonstrate a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Problem solving – Demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult business problems. Translates problems into practical solutions;
- Client service – Consistently ensure that the team provides the customer with attentive, courteous and informative service. Derive personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
- Create and maintain strong positive relationships with business partners across the organization
- Act as an advisor to the business on areas possible improvements, efficiency, and best practices
- Excellent inter personnel skills.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, and be able to travel up to 15% of the time. The employee is required to go to all areas of the company.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Periodic travel may be required intermittently. Travel requirement may vary (25% to 75%) depending on project needs.
- Must be flexible and available for after hours support.
- Work Area: Cubicle in an open floor plan.