The Finance global mission is to partner with the Transportation function to drive success: optimize fleet utilization, and optimize unitary costs and return on investment
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance North America, the Senior Financial Analyst - Finance Transportation will contribute to the achievement of the aforementioned goal by providing timely, accurate and insightful financial information, analysis and guidance for influencing both internal and external stakeholders into making decisions with robust financial foundations.
They will be responsible for further development and production of all aspects of the Transportation function, including transaction profitability, transfer price, and reporting including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual processes as well as taking an active role in the business improvement initiatives and ensure that we are reporting our results consistently throughout the 3 North America Regions.
The ambition is for the Financial Analyst to be capable of deputizing for the Senior Director of N.A. Finance, and the right person will be able to play a key role in enhancing the company from a financial monitoring perspective, a process-control perspective and a business perspective.
Planning and Forecasting:
- Support the Transportation strategic plan and annual budget cycles
- Support the Transportation annual budget and strategic plans including the finalization, submission and reporting requirements
- Support the monthly forecast process
- Develop a consistent reporting package across all 3 North America Regions.
- Support the weekly and monthly forecast updates
Reporting and Analysis:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial pack, including analysis and commentary.
- Production of the monthly management accounts.
- Ability to take data from various ERP systems and develop a consistent reporting package for all regions across North America
- Headcount reporting
- Capex Reporting. Analysis and completion of Capital expenditure request (CER).
- Preparing ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Ad hoc product/customer profitability analysis and deep dive looking at our transportation fleet across North America and articulate recommendations to address business profitability issues.
- Analysis on ROIC and other pertinent financial metrics
- Maximize fleet utilization
- Optimize Transportation cost
- Optimize ROIC
- Working and developing a partnership with the Regional Operational leaders to help drive improvement and efficiencies for the business.
- Analysis as required to support the Senior Director Finance North America
- Participate in business improvement initiatives from a finance perspective
- Systems & processes improvement
PERSON SPECIFICATION (BACKGROUND AND SKILLS):
- 5-7 years’ experience in US domestic Hauling/Transportation – both third party and inhouse fleet experience is a must
- Formal background within Accounting/Finance/Business Management at a bachelor’s degree level or above
- Experience of financial analysis, management reporting and manipulation of big datasets
- Highly analytical, accurate with a strong attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Solutions oriented with a pro-active approach.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Advanced level knowledge of Excel and a competent level in PowerPoint.
- Reporting database tools such as TM1 and Tableau would be an advantage.
- Experience of Oracle or equivalent systems, including the ability to extract reporting information.
- Experience of business partnering and commercial understanding