Job Function:Finance General (40000022)
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Lead Accountant to join the Findlay, Ohio Manufacturing Operations.
This role is a great opportunity to be part of the leadership team in a manufacturing facility, driving overall strategy and operational excellence. The Lead Accountant is an integral part of the plant leadership team and will support delivering financial performance for manufacturing operations on a sustainable basis. This position reports directly to the Plant Controller and is an important member of the manufacturing finance leadership team. The ideal candidate for this role will actively work with the finance team as well as operations leadership to drive improvement and support the broader manufacturing operations strategy.
What You Will Do:
- Support month end processes, monthly forecasts, and yearly profit plans. Deliver robust financial reporting.
- Develop and implement Internal Controls, ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies
- Drive operational performance through robust financial analysis.
- Work cross-functionally to identify gaps and cost reduction opportunities. Support lean activities and identify areas of focus.
- Serve as a liaison between engineering, procurement, and manufacturing teams to ensure robust and accurate product costing. Support new product development and introduction.
- Drive continuous improvement in plant financial processes, standardization and compliance.
- Manage plant budgets and drive accountability and transparency.
- Provide direction and guidance to manufacturing leadership and corporate finance function.
- This role is a direct report to the Plant Controller and will support all aspects of the finance leadership of the factory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing, plant or factory setting.
- Experience in cost accounting is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Ability to understand the manufacturing operations or similar business models. Strong analytical mind that helps see trends/patterns not obviously visible
- Thinking "out of the box" that provides strategic solutions beyond what is available today
- Strong leadership skills that enable influencing a wide range of individuals within and outside the manufacturing operations. Ability to work cross-functionally to drive alignment that is in the best interest for the company.
- Excellent communications, analytical, planning, and teamwork skills
- Excellent presentation skills to present operating results to various leadership tea