The End User Technology Service has the mission to effectively maintain and develop Domtar's technologies touching end users and the relation between end user and the computing backend. The group dedicates itself in providing the highest quality work to fulfill its clients request keeping in mind the environment security, stability, minimum operational cost and uptime.
Reporting to the Supervisor End-User Computing your role as Senior Analyst, End-User Computing will consist of ensuring the evolution or changes in the technology of your expertise, through a project that has been deployed or by proactively managing the existing solutions and identify needed changes.
- Analyze impact of proposed changes to the infrastructure on the existing technology and recommend the most appropriate solution;
- Analyze and design strategy towards modern desktop and mobility services;
- Identify changes needed in the infrastructure / technology configuration ; identify current and projected system limitations and required changes to achieve the technology organization goals;
- Identify opportunities to save costs / more effectively manage assets and escalate the opportunity to the Infrastructure Solutions Architect;
- Design an effective test plan for any new / changed infrastructure technology and work with IT Service Delivery team, Project Managers and its counterpart in the Operations group to ensure its implementation before the client takes possession of the system;
- Stay abreast of technology trends and innovations in order to design solutions in collaboration with the Infrastructure Architect.
- You have excellent skills in problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools;
- You have strong change management skills; change agent;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You hold a University degree with a major in IT or equivalent work experience;
- You have 10 years of relevant experience;
- You have a good general knowledge of IT technologies;
- You demonstrate ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflects the current state of the infrastructure;
- Experience in large enterprise deployments is required;
- Knowledge of the Modern Workplace concepts is desirable.
- PC/Laptop (Microsoft technologies);
- Deep knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10;
- Deep knowledge with GPO (Group Policy Objects);
- MS System Center Configuration Manager (Current branch);
- Scripting / PowerShell;
- Mobile Devices (iOS, Android);
- Mobile Devices Management (Citrix or VMWare or Microsoft).
- Modern Antivirus & EDR solutions (endpoint detection and response);
- Device Encryption (Bitlocker);
- Application Virtualization (Citrix, Microsoft App-V).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (all associated technologies), Microsoft Intune, EMS (Enterprise Mobility and Security);
- Windows 10 (Windows as a Service –Autopilot);
- Software Packaging;
- General computer security knowledge;
- Knowledge of Azure Active Directory.