Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Middleware Development Engineer will be responsible for the Development and gathering of requirements of complex IT initiatives for thefollowing external facing websites: DishNetwork, Bundles.Dish, Commercial.Dishnetwork, DishLatino, DishPuertoRico, DishMediaSales, MidnightLounge.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Designs and develops web services to support high volume transactions.
- Maintains existing functionality and develops new features in web based order entry and customer self service applications.
- Maintains and develops backend integration services interacting with Billing and Payment systems.
- Leads enterprise release projects by providing level of efforts of assignments, coordinating resources for development, analyzing complex business requirements and producing high quality design documents and code.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful Senior Middleware Development Engineer will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Computer Science or related field; or two years related experience and/or training; and four plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of JEE technologies such as JDBC and Servlet.
- In-depth knowledge of SOAP based Web Service and XML technologies.
- Solid knowledge of one RDBMS system such as Oracle or MS SQL Server.
- In depth knowledge of at least one Application Server; for example, Oracle WebLogic, IBM Websphere or Spring with Tomcat.
- Familiar with Middleware Integration platform (webMethods or IBM MQ Series) or CSG Billing System is a big plus.