Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $220 billion in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets.1 Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM’s capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.Voya IM’s award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals — from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.Job Purpose
The Senior Analyst primary function centers on providing portfolio analytics support and customized analytical solutions to Portfolio Management, Risk Management, and Asset Managers.
- Interact with all desks to deliver analytical solutions using BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin investment management platform, internal databases and WebFOCUS.
- Assist with further development and implementation of the Aladdin platform.
- Produce various monthly reports and ad hoc performance measurement and attribution analysis using results from Aladdin.
- Assist with various public and private pricing processes to support the pricing responsibilities within the team.
- Monitor the drivers of performance returns in Aladdin to ensure accuracy.
- Investigate data quality issues affecting analytics and risk metrics; coordinate corrective actions with other departments as required.
- Assist in various data requests involving client requests and RFPs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, quantitative analysis, mathematics, statistics, or accounting.
- Progress toward CFA Charter, MBA or Master’s in Quantitative Finance subject area preferred.
- Strong industry knowledge, preferably 3 - 7 years in portfolio analytics roles in asset management firms, or related investment management experience.
- Experience with BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin platform a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel; experience with SQL and VBA.
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills – as this individual will interact with many different parts of the Voya organization.
- Broad investment, analytical, organizational, operational and technical skills.
- Highly results-oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines, meet deadlines, and maintain focus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including experience in effectively communicating with employees, colleagues, and executives.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.