Senior Analyst, Consolidations and Reporting:
The Senior Analyst will play a critical role in the global consolidations and corporate accounting development processes. For this role, our client is seeking a highly motivated and career driven, Senior Analyst, Consolidations & Reporting to report to and assist the Controller, by supporting the global consolidation process and financialreporting to include analysis and review of the consolidation and elimination entries, process review for close optimization, and preparation of supporting schedules to complete the consolidated financial statements.
- Analyze current and past data trends: revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Review performance indicators and analyze cause and trends of variances
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI on marketing programs, station events
- Examine complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Oversee assigned aspects of the monthly global consolidation process to ensure results are reported accurately and on a timely basis.
- Reviews subsidiary results and assists in the preparation of consolidated reports.
- Prepare consolidating journal entries, and then process/adjust topside journal entries to the books of Company's subsidiaries and/or legal entities after the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Review inter-company account balances and prepare any needed elimination entries
- Perform annual/monthly financial planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting
- Prepare Monthly Business Report, including variance analysis and explanations
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy in all reporting and forecasting
- Cross train with team and back up Finance team members
- Comply with accounting policy and procedures and understand existing account structure and systems
- Support in the development and implementation of consolidation process improvements
- Assist with the implementation of new consolidation tool and become subject matter expert in order to administer post implementation (Excel to One Stream).
- Perform special accounting projects as assigned
- Research questions related to expense and revenue variances. Understand drivers behind variances vs. budget/forecast
- Additional projects/support as required by market
- Weekly/monthly reporting including insights/observations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from a four (4) year college/university
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting and/or finance industry experience and 3-5 years of progressive big four public accounting experience
- 2-4 years of global consolidations, cash flow and foreign currency experience
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skill set, including but not limited to: Pivot tables, VLookup, Macros
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting concepts
- CPA certification or parts passed
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work independent with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels in an organization
- Strong sense of urgency combined with high energy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload with tight deadlines and shift direction as needed