The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with the Business to document requirements and assisting in the development of designs for implementation. This position will interface with various departments including Accounting, Finance, Operations, Planning, Purchasing, and Customer Service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement projects from initiation to implementation phase including gathering requirements, writing functional design documents, communicating requirements to technical team members, writing test scripts, facilitating test execution, implementing, and assisting with communications and training for end users and IT support staff
- Work on all areas of E-Business suite including General Ledger (Multiple SOB and international operations), Purchasing, Payables, Global Accounting Engine, Order Management, Receivables, Vertex, Service Contracts, Bills of Material, Work-in-Process, and Supply Chain.
- Work on key processes and elements including planning and scheduling, inventoryreplenishment, serial-level transactions, purchase order processes, requisition/PO approval process, internal order/sales order process, receiving processes against POs/internal orders/inter-org shipments, outside processing, integration with outsourced warehouses, consigned inventory, etc.
- Guide team in developing reports, customizations, interfaces and extensions for Oracle applications
- Act as a liaison between business users and technical team members
- Identify process improvements and work with business partners effectively to implement change
- Support and enhance Oracle Applications interfaces integrated with non-Oracle systems
- Create functional requirements and technical design
- Drive test planning and execution
- Assist end users with day to day applications troubleshooting and end user questions
- Participate in 24/7 department on-call program
- Triage incidents/problems with relevant systems as they arise (as Tier II/III support), and either manage or directly perform enhancements/fixes to provide resolution satisfactory to our business partners
- Work on special assignments as they arise
- Manage and support junior BSAs, both onshore and offshore (where applicable)
- Work with and help develop a global team
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Able to interact with Business leaders and IT, as well as being able to operate comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Excellent documentation skills; methodological experience with AIM
- Deep knowledge of financial processes and Oracle Financials
- Demonstrate proactive business judgment and decision making skills; past results are indicative of consistently providing sound and effective business decisions
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and able to work in a team environment
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related IT field required
- Minimum 7 years of experience working with Oracle Financials and Planning as a Business Analyst and/or Business Systems Analyst
- Experience in R11i and R12
- Experience leading teams of Business Analysts, Developers and/or Quality Analysts
- Must be 18years of age
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- May need to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers or peripherals
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.