Birmingham AL, Charlotte NC, Dallas TX, Lake Mary FL, Phoenix AZDetails
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.POSITION SUMMARY
This position is aligned with managers and senior leaders in Claims to develop key performance indicators, monitor performance relative to those metrics and develop strategies. This position will help Analyst 1, 2 & 3s translate operational performance into a financial impact for a business unit outside of Claim. This position leverages an understanding of relational database structures to compile, analyze and present data. The Analyst 4 will develop and communicate results that provide actionable insights to different functional areas inside Claims and the broader organization including Product Management, Actuarial, Finance, Human Resources and Data Science. The Analyst 4 will participate in long-term strategic projects. It's expected someone in this role will exercise personal and situational awareness consistently and tailor the message for the audience.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively monitors internal and external factors influencing income statement & balance sheet.
- Navigates inside and outside the Claims organization effectively with limited direction.
- Mentors and coaches to ensure professional development for Analysts, Senior Analysts and Consultants. Actively looks for opportunities to help team grow their skills and knowledge base.
- Provides timely constructive feedback on performance. Expects new team members to stumble and focuses on building proficiency and resilience.
- Handles multiple competing priorities including long term projects effectively with limited direction. Identifies a critical path and key dependencies for long term projects.
- Negotiates effectively to align differing priorities within project team
- Risk Management - understands and mitigates risk from novel projects
- Understands internal and external factors influencing income statement & balance sheet as well as the rate making process
- Leverages differences within and across teams to optimize outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of Data Science, Economics, Physics, Math, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Engineering - Mechanical or Electrical.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring.
- 2+ year of industry experience preferred (or relevant Financial Services experience).
- 5+ year of work experience
- Advanced skills with Tableau, Python or R or other programming language
- Ability to apply descriptive analytics to analyze data and validate assumptions
- Demonstrates the ability to translate an operational change into a financial impact for the business
- Ability to design and execute professional development plans for a team
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.