Opportunity at a Glance
The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelligence is responsible for successfully managing, advancing, and delivering business intelligence solutions and services to meet the business objectives of all of Chamberlain’s functional areas with minimal supervision. Works primarily in Microsoft Power BI application building reports/dashboards, designing data models, and writing SQL queries in Snowflake environment.
- Works with businesses to understand requirements and solution intent by using prototypes and following best practices for dashboard design and tool capabilities.
- Utilizes technical capabilities to dig into data sources and/or produce visualizations per requirements across various CU functional areas.
- Responsible for creating centralized data sets in Power BI including Star Schema data models.
- Serves as an advisor and partner with CU business units and SMEs to understand their needs and find situations where data and reports can be used to enhance their capabilities.
- Completes ad hoc data requests while working with CU business units to design self-service reports, creating efficiencies addressing the need for these “one-off” requests.
- Combines technical skill sets to find new and innovative ways to improve CU’s abilities to support our students in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Assists with user acceptance testing and IT teams to move solutions to production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems.
- Expert-level BI developer with 5+ years developing BI reports and Dashboards in Power BI
- Expertise in performing data manipulation using Dataflows, Power Query, and DAX calculations using Power BI.
- Deep understanding of BI technologies, including security, portal settings, data connection settings, refresh frequencies, interaction with data sources, etc.
- 5+ years of strong SQL skills and understanding of database structures to perform research and discovery.
- Strong visualization skills with proven ability to utilize the full functionality of Power BI or similar BI tools.
- Exceptional ability to interact in a team environment with peers and members of other teams located remotely.
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties and responsibilities on time with minimal supervision.
- Well-organized and capable of executing multiple high-level projects at the same time.
- Adheres to project methodology, change management, and departmental procedures.
- Experience with strategic analytics tools is a plus (R, SAS, others)
- Power BI Certified
- Experience with the Agile Methodology
- Experience in data modeling and entity relationship diagram conventions and various data modeling patterns
- Experience using cloud technologies such as Snowflake and AWS