Texas Instruments Incorporated (Nasdaq: TXN) is a global semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, tests and sells analog and embedded processing chips for markets such as industrial, automotive, personal electronics, communications equipment and enterprise systems. Our passion to create a better world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors is alive today, as each generation of innovation builds upon the last to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable – making it possible for semiconductors to go into electronics everywhere. We think of this as Engineering Progress. It’s what we do and have been doing for decades. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments (TI) is seeking a senior research analyst and consultant to join the People Analytics team as part of our HR department.
- This person will improve global business outcomes through analysis and research of workforce and human resource data with an emphasis on projects that are repeatable, scalable, predictive, innovative and equitable.
- To achieve project goals, you will have access to create and evaluate data from assessments, surveys, internal systems and outside research.
- This is a high-visibility & TI-wide role. You will consult with global HR & business leaders on a broad range of topics in performance, training, talent selection and retention, diversity and inclusion, compensation and workforce planning.
- The output of your work directly translates into continued improvements in areas such as minimizing bias in global hiring and internal promotion programs, predicting and mitigating turnover, evaluating effectiveness of development opportunities and employee recognition, identifying traits and behaviors of successful leadership and strong technical execution within TI.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial-Organizational Psychology, People Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Applied Math, etc.) or related field.
- Prefer candidates with a minimum of 3 years of prior experience (e.g. internships) or candidates with related project work (e.g. research, publications) in applying analytical methods & statistical analysis towards the betterment of business results & organizational efficiency (e.g., multivariate statistics, analysis of variance, supervised & unsupervised learning, organizational network analysis, linear & multilevel models)
- Background in designing primary research methods by leverage best practices in psychometrics, reliability & validity assessments, and job analyses
- Experience in evaluating effectiveness of HR initiatives (e.g., training, performance management, retention programs)
- Background in data analytics, data interpretation, or algorithm design
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with examples in building both descriptive and predictive statistical models
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative research using primary and secondary data to solve problems. Preferred examples in people and workforce research
- Tool experience in analytics (R, SPSS, Python, SAS or similar) and visualization (Spotfire, Tableau, R Shiny, or similar)
- Passion for building and cultivating meaningful, influential & trusting relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Consulting experience in maintaining composure under pressure, collaborating with functional teams of diverse perspectives & navigating ambiguous situations Demonstrated commitment to conducting confidential and ethical analysis
- Familiarity with relational databases and authoring queries using SQL
- Ability to automate processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from disparate and unstructured sources
- Capable of independently driving results in a conscientiousness and accountable manner
- Success in change management while adapting to organizational, situational and cultural differences across the globe
- Track record of leading complex projects from start to finish solving business problems using people analytics & consulting methods. Including brainstorming with clients regarding business needs, gathering and analyzing data, presenting complex ideas and findings to stakeholders, and action planning.