UnityPoint Health is building an industry leading analytics function by aligning resources with expertise in technology solutions, claims analysis, financial analysis, clinical operations, advanced data mining tools, and analytic techniques. This team will support the strategic objectives of UnityPoint and collaborate with customers across the care continuum to ensure the appropriate information is available to drive decision making and support business needs. Assists the Manager, Strategic Analytics in building industry leading analytics solutions for financial, operational and clinical use cases and translates key insights to stakeholders in order to advance performance on quality, utilization or other key drives.
- Support analytical projects: formulate methodology, establish data requirements, identify client deliverables, determine tasks and timing
- Develop analytics models and solutions for business and clinical leaders to drive outcomes improvement
- Apply domain knowledge of financial, operational or clinical processes to data analyses and modeling
- Maintain a working knowledge of the data sources to accurately and efficiently report findings in a meaningful and understandable manner.
- Execute analyses and make the results accessible and relevant to a wide variety of business users
- Develop and refine analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment
- Collaborate effectively with other analytical team members
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers, and the organization’s management team to foster an environment of openness, trust and team work
- Comply with UnityPoint Health data governance standards
- Completes special projects and management reports as assigned
- Balance team and individual responsibilities and put the success of the team above own interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Mathematics or related field.
- Equivalent experience is 4 years in analytics or healthcare operations setting including work to drive improvement through reporting & analytics.
- Master’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, business analytics or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in healthcare or analytics is required. Preference given to applicants with healthcare experience and a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, gathering report requirements, and designing and implementing solutions.
- Must have solid experience in report development. Must be flexible and open to incorporating new reporting tools and solutions in order to deliver best results to the business.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and working with operational and financial measures. Experience with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), score cards and dashboards preferred.
- Advanced analytics experience is preferred including actuarial modeling, underwriting, statistical modeling, or data science.
Preference given to applicants with previous experience in:
- Healthcare report development, including design and implementation
- SQL programming
- Healthcare finance or decision support
- Claims analytics
- Population health analytics
- Clinical analytics
- Ability to synthesize complex data into user friendly visual presentations for use by Operations Management.
- Requires highly developed communications skills to effectively collaborate with broad customer base.
- Possesses excellent writing and verbal communications skills and the ability to understand and communicate concepts and recommendations.
- Ability to understand and deal effectively with problems and opportunities, which arise, in a complex multiprocessing environment is crucial.