Based in New York City, the Senior Analyst, Analytics will be responsible for defining measurements, capturing data, analyzing results and delivering a story through insights to help the Marketing team optimize their channels and campaigns. This person will use data and insightful analyses to support, inform and where applicable challenge decisions to help serve APFM’s business goals. Success in this role with help the Marketing team increase conversions and revenue and contribute to the company’s financial targets.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is passionate, data driven, and extremely analytical with strong problem solving capabilities. You have the ability to take on ambiguous problems and develop structured analyses, focusing on the most relevant metrics, to identify the root causes. Most importantly, you are skilled at translating those insights into clear, succinct recommendations for the business to drive revenue and EBITDA. To deliver these outcomes, you are skilled at information collection and discovery, and are always learning and looking to apply new tools to your analysis. You’re collaborative and work easily across teams, geographies and organizational levels.
What you will do:
- Enable Marketing strategy development and decision-making through holistic data analytics and development of actionable recommendations
- Support key business initiatives by generating insights from multiple internal and secondary data sources
- Own insights and recommendations from the analyses and translate them to executive level audiences to communicate performance drivers and priorities
- Act as subject matter expert on analytics across all digital platforms (such as: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Ads, Bing Webmaster Tools, Conductor, SEMRush, Marketo, Sprout Social) and marketing channels, integrating disparate data sets to understand trends across the business
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define standard metrics or segments to ensure consistency
- Develop, maintain and monitor actionable dashboards that surface root causes and opportunities to improve the business
- Collaborate with Marketing stakeholders to determine data and reporting requirements for new features
- Own end to end ad-hoc analyses to identify key drivers of emerging trends and recommend actions to address
- Analyze current business performance to develop baselines and forecasting models across marketing channels and customer segments
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering Statistics or Economics
- 2-3 years in data-oriented, analytical role with demonstrated ability to crack complex problems, drive outcomes, and and work cross-functionally
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities, including the ability to logically and efficiently structure ambiguous problems, identify sources of data for collection and discovery, conduct complicated analyses, identify key insights and develop practical workable solutions
- Effective communicator able to translate complex analysis into insights and communicate results and recommendations, both orally and in written form, to a non-technical executive audience.
- Proficiency in SQL required; experience with Python or other coding language preferred
- Deep understanding of the e-commerce, digital marketing, and mobile trends landscape across digital channels (SEO, SEM, Email, Affiliate, Display, Content, etc.) and experience bringing disparate datasets and tools together to drive insights
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, SEMRush, Marketo, Sprout Social, Optimizely, and other digital platforms