The Senior Analyst, Advanced Analytics will work with internal Enterprise Analytics departments and other MGM Resorts departments on projects that leverage advanced analytics to drive business performance. By combining advanced analytics capabilities with programming skills, the data scientists will help drive innovative analytical solutions across MGM Resorts.
- Leverages various statistical techniques to identify patterns within large data sets; to promptly make predictions and business-oriented suggestions; utilizes predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, targeting, and other business outcomes.??
- Collaborates with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes; create data visualization and audience appropriate documentation of findings and approach.
- Investigates and analyzes structured, unstructured data, and streaming data to solve simple to mid-complexity business problems.
- Performs processing, cleansing, preprocessing and verifying the integrity of imperfect data used for analysis; able to identify various data structures and standardize methods in data transformations.
- Actively participates in internal peer review process to validate assumptions and technical approach.
- Simplifies and communicates key findings and insights to non-technical audiences.
- Communicates and reviews findings with business partners making recommendations from analytic insights.
- Partners with Business Intelligence team to productionalize and build appropriate change control and monitoring processes for analytical product and/or application programming interfaces.
- Identifies existing models needing to be recalibrated or retrained.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Analytics, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Management teams to establish and prioritize data collection needs and consumption methods.
- Collaborates with HR and facilitates learning and skills development opportunities across EA team.
- Performs other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, engineering, operations research or other related technical field.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar advanced analytics role in a professional environment, or possess advanced degree with practical internship.
- Proven experience as Data Analyst in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting, predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and/or optimization algorithms.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, engineering, operations research or other related technical field.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.