Senior Analyst, Accounting
Senior Analyst, Accounting
The Senior Accounting Analyst / Accounting Analyst is accountable to analyze and report on the financial performance and condition of the business / function to support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process including regulatory and external reports and attestation to the validity of the results. The Senior Accounting Analyst / Accounting Analyst will provide value added ideas, advice and recommendations on financial governance and regulatory matters including future procedures to support decision making within the business / function they support:
Responsibilities of the Senior Analyst, Accounting
Financial Analysis & Reporting Delivery
- Provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of monthly financial results to support month-end and quarter-end close processes,
- Provide and document monthly the performance of various lines of business / function for financial information packages.
- Prepare/support preparation of monthly reporting packages and Financial Statements, (including tax payments and reconciliations where necessary), in accordance with IFRS, or similar financial frameworks and within the agreed upon timelines, reviewing all information against budget and back-ups to check for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary.
Client & Relationship Management
- Participate on projects and act as a subject matter exert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately.
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to LOB Finance to ensure financial results are well understood and business results optimized.
- Support business / function group financial performance management activities, providing business group decision makers with financial information, advice and counsel.
Risk Management, Control, and Financial Governance
- Provide attestation to the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures to their Manager.
- Provide information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits ensuring that requests are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Complete/support the completion of all regulatory and external reporting requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information.
Change & Innovation
- Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies
- Support the operationalization of business/function change initiatives to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency from a finance perspective.
Qualifications of the Senior Analyst, Accounting
- 3-7years’ experience in a Finance function in financial services
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Finance / Accounting or related discipline
- Completed or near completion of an accounting designation e.g. CA, CPA, CGA, CMA
- Determines root causes of issues.Identifies design, process, and other inefficiencies; and suggests improvements or new requirements.
- Negotiates complex issue resolution.
- Devises course(s) of action that may fall outside of procedural and policy guidelines and standards and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes complex data and prepares reports of observations, and recommendations based on findings.
Compensation for the Senior Analyst, Accounting
- Salary for the Senior Analyst, Accounting$70, - $80,
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available? No
Is there a bonus structure? 8%
Are you open to sponsorship? No
This position is: New Position
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? No
Who does this position report to? Senior Manager & Manager of Accounting Risk
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- Chartered accountant
- STRONG communication skills verbal & written
- Flexible personality - LOTS of changes going on in this group and looking for someone willing to "work hard and go with the flow"
What are the nice-to-have skills?
- Experience in regulatory skills
- Bankingexperience - nice to have but not required