ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Edison Carrier Solutions:
Edison Carrier Solutions (ECS), an organization of SCE, is a competitive local exchange carrier focused on the wholesale carrier and large business market offering high capacity telecommunications transport, Internet and special access services. Our customers are regional, national and international telecommunication carriers, cable television and satellite providers, wireless companies, internet service providers, governments and large and medium size enterprises
The Senior Analyst – Accounting & Reporting will interact with Edison Carrier Solutions (ECS) Managers, Supply Chain Procurement Agents and Managers, SCE Plant Accounting Analysts, and work as a lead providing guidance on financial reporting to junior analysts. Acting as a consultant to the department in creating ad hoc financial analysis and is involved in decision making in regards to what financial data to be used and how the financial results are going to be presented to senior managements.
The position will perform comprehensive analysis, interpret findings, draw conclusion, and present recommendation to management for decision making.
- Responsible for creating, charging, and closing ISP (Inside Plant) and OSP (Outside Plant) work orders. Work collaboratively with ECS OSP, ECS Engineering, FAO (Field Accounting Organization), and Plant Accounting to compile work order package and to ensure all appropriate documentations are in SAP System for capitalization, reporting, and analytical purposes.
- Maintain and update ECS Work Order List. Work collaboratively with ECS OSP, ECS Engineering, and Plant Accounting to monitor the status of ECS capital work orders and ensure the status on the list is most up to date.
- Act as liaison between ECS and Plant Accounting and IT to make sure ECS Capital Expenditure structure is set up in SAP and Power UE accurately. Work closely with Plant Accounting and Field Accounting to monitor capitalization and depreciation of ECS Capital Expenditure.
- Coordinate with FAO to maintain sufficient inventory levels; stage and deliver material to work site. Collaborate with FAO and IT to ensure periodic inventory counts are being performed accurately and timely to prevent inventory obsolescence. Assist in generating annual inventory reports for ECS Accounting Manager’s review and approval.
- Document, improve, and establish inventory processes and procedures. Month-end and Quarter-end Accounting Functions. Perform monthly and quarterly GL account reconciliations and upload the analysis in SAP Runbook in a timely manner. Make necessary adjustment for reconciling items. Responsible for ECS GL account and Cost Center maintenance.
- Support reporting development of ECS new cost tracking system – Project System. Monitor the inputs of ECS capital work orders in Project System and provide analysis and interpretation for the results.
- Support the development of ECS ad hoc financial reporting including shared service provider reports, departmental variance analysis, labor analysis, and other reporting as needed.
- Assist with information gathering for internal and external audits and CPUC data requests.
- Act as the SME and liaison between ECS and Supply Chain to ensure that goods and services are delivered in a timely manner and meets business/operation needs. Prepare purchase requisitions, including bid requests for goods and services but compiling all the scope of work including justification of awards. Prepare change orders as needed as projects scopes change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent discipline
- Five years of experience in financial reporting, budgeting, and accounting functions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot table, vlook-up, automated reporting, macros, charts and graphs)
- Advanced PowerPoint experience, preparing presentations for management, charts, graphs, embedded Excel spreadsheet.
- Experience in SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Seven or more years of experience in financial reporting, budgeting, and accounting functions.
- Experience working with an Accounting Firm
- The primary work location for this position is Pomona, CA;
- Relocation may apply to this position
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.