Senior Analog/Power Design Engineer
The Tesla Energy team is bringing battery technology to the grid to facilitate a renewable energy ecosystem and increase grid reliability. Tesla is leveraging its breakthrough powertrain technology and manufacturing scale to develop and deploy grid connected storage at residential, industrial, and utility scales.
Tesla Energy is looking for a well-rounded expert in Analog and Power circuit design who will participate in developing high accuracy and precision energy sensing and metering systems for Tesla Energy Products. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented self-starter able to take a full ownership of analog/power subsystem design and to drive the cross-functional team in delivering a high-quality product with a fast-paced cadence.
- Power system design: power system simulation and modeling, High Voltage Design, Power Sources, Isolated Power Supply
- Power conversion circuit design: AC/DC and DC/AC, DC/DC Linear and Switching Supplies
- Analogcircuit design for high accuracy and precision sensing and metering circuit
- High accuracy current transformer design
- High speed and accuracy Analog-to-Digital Conversion Circuit design
- Master's or Ph.D degree in ElectricalEngineering, or related field with 7+ years of experience in analog/power board and system-level design
- Experience in energy meters design, development, manufacturing, and installation
- Experience with AC-DC, DC-DC, DC-AC conversion circuit design
- Experience in power sub-system design: Filters, Multi-Phase Power Control, Isolation, Protection Circuits, Magnetics, Relay Systems, Stress Analyses
- Experience with leading PCB physical design, and design for EMC, test and manufacturing
- Experience in power and analogcircuit simulation and power/signal integrity analysis
- Knowledge of electrical cod and design practice. Prefer experience with ANSI and IEC standards
- Familiar with micro controller, digital communication interfaces, and RF system