Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.31 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim is seeking a Senior Analog IC Design Engineer to define, design, model, and implement analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs). As an Analog IC Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on high resolution ADCs, DACs, high Precision voltage references and integrated linear/switched-mode power conversion circuits. Candidate will have opportunity to learn and implement system integration of diverse and advanced analog IP that is being developed at Maxim.
This position is part of the Optical communications product line which is focused on providing leading edge solutions for large scale data centers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Design activities including research, definition, design, simulation, layout verification, characterization, and release to production of integrated circuits
• Supporting product definition teams to develop product requirements and specifications
• Analyzing and developing chip architectures to meet required compliance and performance
• Creating transistor level analog circuit designs
• Verifying designs using circuit-level and behavioral-level simulators
• Supervising circuit layout
• Authoring system architecture and circuit documentation
• Defining system and block level test plans
• Characterizing and validating circuit performance in the lab
• Providing support for high volume manufacturing, and working with Product and Test teams to transfer ICs to production
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
5 years experience designing precision low frequency analog integrated circuits
Experience with some or all of the following blocks: ADC, voltage or current DAC, TEC controller, DC-DC converters
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Research related to IC design
Hands-on IC design experience
Superior analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in teams and collaborate cross functionally