Responsible for the software development portion of engineering development projects and working with other departments to assure the success of projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- · Work with management to write design requirements.
- · Provide scheduling information to management.
- · Work as the main software developer on a development team.
- · Designs, codes and maintains interpretive and signal processing algorithms and test programs for ECG and other physiological parameters for use in embedded medical devices.
- · Use advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories for algorithm development and performance evaluation.
- · Identify, develop and/or execute algorithm tests using physiological databases and artificial signals.
- · Identify meaningful insights from large databases.
- · Identify, interpret, and communicate insights, trends, and patterns from analysis and experiments to key stakeholders/decision-makers.
- · Executes code reviews and unit testing.
- · Work with other departments to resolve issues found during development.
- · Write documentation related to software development and verification.
- · Performs Service / Complaint Investigations.
- · Provide training and technical support for service and marketing departments.
- · Trains and mentors junior level engineers.
- · Performs other duties as requested.
Required Background and Qualifications:
- · Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field; MS or Ph.D. preferred.
- · 5+ years of programming experience.
- · 7+ years relevant experience is preferred.
- · Computer programming (C, C++ and Matlab; Ada preferred).
- · Advanced or intermediate Office application skills.
- · Fluent or intermediate English (both written and oral).
- · Ability to work on a cross-departmental team.
- · Ability to work well in groups.
- · Good listening skills.
- · Open to new ideas.
- · Ability to learn new skills and concepts easily.
- · Flexibility and adaptability.
- · Advanced practical knowledge and experience in signal processing algorithms.
- · Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- · Good organizational and planning skills.
- · Must be a team-player, possess outstanding customer service skills and be self-motivated.
- · Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition, and drives for completion of tasks and projects.
- · Must have the ability to Initiate and develop creative solutions.
- · Possess the ability to manage time and prioritize critical priorities.
- · Must demonstrate the ability to increase knowledge.