This is a great opportunity to be part of a comprehensive engineering team in delivery of major Design Build transportation infrastructure pursuits and projects, focused on airports. This person will work with an engineering and design team, in leading the aviation related project elements (airside and/or landside).
- Leads, or coordinates aviation related phases of the engineering work as a part of a major transportation/aviation project. Can define resourcing needs, including subconsultants, based upon project schedules.
- Serves as a key communication contact for technical information exchange between Atkins Design Team leaders and the owner, architect, and other design disciplines during design phases. May also coordinate with contractor as part of a design-build process.
- Assist with the development of project scope, schedule and staff resource planning
- Prepares a Basis of Design document. Performs preliminary, intermediate, and final engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of engineers, designers or drafters, as well as performs inter-disciplinary reviews.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals and deadlines.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval. Responsibility may require signing and sealing the same as Responsible Engineer.
- Ensures the engineering team is compliant with rigorous quality control process.
- Ensures that quality control reviews occur at requisite milestones and/or phases of project work. Follows prescribed company quality control procedures.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff, including subconsultants to achieve project success.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 20 years in civil/aviation design experience along with a minimum of 5 years of experience on design build projects.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills required. Candidate will be eligible to receive project management training.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs: AutoCAD (Civil 3D), MS Project, Blue Beam, MS Office Suite software.
- Familiarity with North East Region FAA offices and NYNJ Port Authority agencies a plus.
- P.E. license in New York State is required, or ability to achieve NY PE within 3 months of hire.
- Current NCEES record and multiple state PEs suffice as evidence of latter.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
- Candidate will work out of an office in the New York City metropolitan area.
- Comprehensive understanding of FAA rules and regulations and applications to airport infrastructure assignments.
- Experience in the Northeastern US aviation market with a focus on New York Metropolitan area preferred.
- Experience in leading design and/or delivery of the following assignments on a major airport: terminal apron, parking, rental car return facilities, maintenance/security circulation roadways, airfield, taxiways, runways, and deicing/glycol recovery.
- Proven ability to successfully coordinate work of a full airside service team including fueling, lighting, blast fencing, site security, utilities, drainage, passenger boarding bridges, etc.