Senior Air Quality Specialist
Department:NYPC-NYCLocation:New York, NY
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB is seeking a Senior Air Quality Specialist to develop and manage the air quality practice in our growing New York City office. This position will have the opportunity to help expand our air quality business in the New York metro area with the support and resources of our established New England practice. It would also include outreach and coordination on projects and pursuits with VHB locations throughout our 23-office footprint. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in air quality modeling, permitting & policy in both the public and private sectors, with existing relationships and contacts in the New York metropolitan area.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Supporting private and public-sector client air quality needs, including but not limited to: mobile source and stationary source modeling, air permitting, GHG assessment, construction air quality analysis, preparation of proposals, permit application and technical reports
- Managing client relationships including private developers, federal, state, local environmental agencies, and institutions
- Business development in various client sectors
- Coordination of air quality issues with other VHB offices
- Project Management
- QA/QC technical work from junior/entry-level staff
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop business
- Demonstrated excellence in oral presentations and technical writing is essential
- The ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- The ability to train, mentor, and motivate staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, meteorology or related field (Master’s desirable)
- 10+ years of experience of air quality experience with CEQR, SEQRA & NEPA
- A strong background in air quality modeling & permitting, GHG assessment, construction air quality analysis, program/project management, and supervision of professional staff
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local regulations, including but not limited to air permitting and compliance, attainment/nonattainment status, construction air emissions reduction measures
- Expertise in EPA regulatory software: MOVES, CAL3QHCR, AERMOD, etc.
- Expertise in mobile and stationary source modeling and conformity
- Recognized air quality expert by NYC agencies: NYCDCP, NYCDEP, NYCEDC, etc.
- Noise and vibration experience desirable
- PE registration is desirable
Please apply online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.