Senior AI Engineer
The Enterprise Metadata Management unit is responsible for the success of our fast-growing Data Catalog business. More importantly metadata is foundational to Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform on which all Informatica’s products are built, including our data integration, data governance and master data management offerings. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning to develop ML models, train them with collected store of data and metadata in the catalog and deliver capabilities which radically improve Informatica’s products.
Informatica is the world’s number one independent provider of data management software delivering solutions for data integration, application integration, data hubs, data quality, data discovery and profiling, real-time streaming, MDM, data security and metadata management. CLAIRE is Informatica’s AI capabilities driven by metadata, you will be responsible for conceiving, designing and implementing advanced machine learning capabilities in CLAIRE. You will be using a combination of data and metadata to infuse intelligence, automation and simplicity into Informatica’s products. You'll research and come up with techniques to use deep learning and other methods with limited training data. You will be pioneering the elegant and effective use of AI and ML in the field of data management.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent programming skills. We need independent thinkers who can operate with minimal guidance from product managers and architects. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide thoughtful intelligence-based solutions. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to changing circumstances will be well received. You have experience in using ML to improve commercially successful products in either enterprise or consumer space. You will work with engineers and product managers in other product lines to ensure their products leverage machine learning and CLAIRE seamlessly to bring value to their use cases. You have expertise in AI/ML techniques and practical experience in applying these techniques in products. You create an awesome product experience for our customers driven by ML. You provide AI thought leadership and effectively drive innovation in our products.
As an integral part of the machine learning engineering team you will be responsible for the following –
- Be very hands-on and deeply understand the inner working of the products
- Drive the expansion of Informatica’s AI (CLAIRE)
- Find product areas that can be improved with effective use of machine learning & metadata and deliver a delightful experience to users
- Champion and communicate the value proposition and differentiation of CLAIRE to internal audiences
- Write blogs and papers, submit patents, attend and present at conferences
- MS or above in Computer Science or related fields with focus on artificial intelligence, machine learning or data mining.
- 1-2 years of meaningful experience in building and deploying models in production use
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms for regression, classification, and clustering
- Expert level skills in Python/C++ and ML frameworks and libraries like TensorFlow, Keras, MLlib (Spark)
- Experience with the Hadoop stack is a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor other team members in machine learning
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills