Purpose of Job
The Agile Coach is responsible for coaching and mentoring agile execution, Scrum Masters, Agile Product Owners and executives to leverage agile principles, practices and frameworks in order to deliver high value business capabilities. May also coach agile program teams as needed. Serves as a subject matter expert on scaling agile development, including the use of scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), LeSS, SPS or others. Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. Identifies opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Agile Coach for our San Antonio, TX location.
- Delivers hands-on coaching to individual teams and programs/organizations in all aspects of Scrum and kanban - daily routines, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, limiting work in progress (wip), etc.
- Drives continuous improvement to create higher performing program/organizations and/or teams.
- Coaches Agile Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Teams, and Leaders.
- Leads in the creation and delivery of Agile training for business and IT resources.
- Advances best practices for scaling agile frameworks.
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships supporting agile product development.
- Remains informed about corporate practices, industry trends and best practices concerning Agile.
- Work with individual programs/organizations to discover their needs, plan and deliver; while ensuring alignment with the organizational strategy.
- Trains and mentors Agile Coach candidates
- Bachelors degree or (4 additional years of IT experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- 6+ years’ experience performing in multiple Agile roles
- 2 or more years’ experience as an Agile Coach or working in a similar role in a lean or scrum environment
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to influence change at the leadership level to the team level and to form productive relationships quickly
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 5+ year experience coaching teams and organizational leadership in Agile Methodologies
- 3+ year experience with Lean Agile principles and frameworks
- Certified SPC4 (SAFe Program Consultant) Professional or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Master/ Certified Scrum Professional/ Certified Scrum Coach or Scrum Team Coach or equivalent.
- Experience coaching and implementing Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience coaching and implementing Pair Programming/Pair Work.
- Experience coaching and implementing Automated Testing frameworks such as XUnit, Cucumber, Fit or others.
- Familiarity with the Product Development Lifecycle, Product Development Flow and Lean product development.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Job Number: R0010784