The Sr AffiliateDistribution Mgr isresponsible for analyzing, strategizing and negotiating the business deals for the QVC Group (HSN and QVC) with its over 600distribution partners, as well as managing the day to day relationships and accounts for these partners. In addition, this role will support the VP, AffiliateDistribution in management of the top ten largestMSOs.
Job Description Details
The Affiliate Distribution Sr. Manager is responsible for supporting the VP, Affiliate Distribution in Enterprise Level Strategy and integration of the HSN and QVC Affiliation teams. They will provide strategic analysis to maximize distribution of the QVC group channels (5 channels in all) for the top ten largest distributors and related services and content in a favorable channel and navigation position, as well as independently strategize and negotiate favorable deals for all mid-tiered and smaller distributors, resulting in higher viewership, sales and new names – all in a cost effective way to ensure long term success.
- Provide deal support and guidance to VP, Affiliate Distribution in negotiations with the top ten largest distributors for carriage of all 5 QVC Group channels by strategizing and analyzing contractual language, cost synergies, marketing opportunities and potential savings.
- Independently develop, manage and leverage existing and new strategic external distributor relationships (cable, satellite and telco) for all mid-tier and smaller distributors encompassing over 1000 contracts to strategically maximize QVC distribution
- Independently strategize and negotiate long term contracts using business and technical expertise for all mid-tiered and smaller distributors, to ensure QVC’s placement and business model consistency
- Work closely with the contract compliance and administration team to oversee processing of all executed contracts, maintaining an accurate and complete database and tracking/auditing channel placements and carriage requirements for all distribution partners
- Stay current on internal and external strategic direction with respect to trends in the TV viewing landscape and potential strategies to position all 5 channels most favorably in the future in a cost effective manner
- Assist the Director, Affiliate Distribution in training and developing new manager and associate level team members
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in the cable/television industry, preferably working for a network/programmer in a content distribution role, or for a content distributor in content acquisition.
- Education: Bachelors Degree.
- Strategic thinker and financial acumen
- Ability to build/manage/leverage strong industry relationships
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to work in all three horizons
- Ability to navigate from strategic to operational
- Cable, new media, technology knowledge
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to travel