Investment Advisory, a department of our Client Strategies Group division, is responsible for delivering a world-class advisory platform that integrates the firm's advice and guidance and an ideal client experience.
Today, Edward Jones offers two major advisory programs, consisting of 2 million accounts and over $270 billion in assets under care. The firm's investment advisory platform will continue to evolve over the next few years in order to meet the changing needs for our investors and clients.
The Investment Advisory department is made up of several teams and Program Development is one of them. Within the Program Development group there are three teams, including the Program Infrastructure team which is responsible for ensuring that the systems used to manage our investment advisory programs provide sufficient capacity, flexibility and control to meet our current and future client needs.
Responsibilities of the Senior Advisory Program Developer include:
- Lead the effort to collaborate with advisory leadership to identify potential system changes related to the evolution of our advisory platform. This includes prioritizing, designing and implementing solutions for the firm's Mutual Fund Advisory, FA as Advisor, UMA/SMA programs.
- Act as the primary business project leader and deep subject matter expert for projects and enhancements made to current advisory programs and the development of new programs. This includes developing program plans, facilitating meetings, drafting requirements, assisting with IS development, testing and successful implementation.
- Act as the primary advisory systems and tools expert to offer ongoing support, defect management and enhancement prioritization.
- Design and implement key system controls to keep the firm compliant with internal policies and changes in the regulatory environment.
- Initiate regular communication on system issues and changes with associates and leaders in Client Solutions Group, Information Systems, Compliance, Operations, Service and Branch Training.
- Serve as on callsupport to manage the firm's advisory systems and handle outages/issues in a timely manner.
- Mentor and train other associates on the team as needed.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Series 7 and 66 required within 6 months of hire.
- 7+ years industry experiencerequired with a background in advisory and project management.
- Advanced knowledge of advisory and investment concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to understand complex topics regarding the firm's advisory programs, tools, and systems.
- Ability to effectively work with and across multiple divisions
- Highly detail oriented to ensure accurate information on requirements, testing and implementations.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and program management skills.
- Deep knowledge of the systems, products and services of business partners and vendors.
- Proficient at creating spreadsheets, analyzing reports and developing project measures.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- A master's degree or a relevant certification strongly preferred.
- Experience leading enterprise-wide infrastructure projects.
- Experience building and/or enhancing investment advisory systems.
- General or advanced knowledge of information systems, database structures, system performance and integrity, and trouble-shooting.