Drives enterprise communication and training from a static to dynamic model and supports the Information Technology Services (ITS) department in leveraging best-in-class practices and tools to engage and train staff across stakeholder groups at all levels enterprise-wide. Collaborates across the AARP organization with leadership and other key project stakeholders to provide subject matter expertise to ensure proper integration and communication occurs and that the execution of plans is in alignment with project scope and direction.
- Develops project communications and training strategy to support IT enterprise programs and large-scale change initiatives.
- Supports the presentation and publicizing of the organization’s adoption for the current and future workforce by explaining technical content in relatable, functional terms tailored to the experience and interests of the audience.
- Researches and implements industry best practices to develop and execute communication plans to ensure that IT enterprise projects meet goals and objectives.
- Creates compelling feature stories, video scripts, persuasive messaging, promotional materials, and web content.
- Tracks and improves communications based on content analysis, objective measures, and metrics, as well as subjective user feedback and survey data.
- Conducts enterprise training and development needs assessments and aligns training objectives with overall project goals.
- Deploys a wide variety of training methods, including combinations of classroom, e-learning, and self-paced training, as well as integrating gamification techniques, where reasonable.
- Manages the development, collection, analysis, and reporting of training data.
- Coordinates and manages external vendors for content development and serves as the Project Manager to shepherd deliverables through the development, review, and approval process.
- Translates data analysis findings into written documents, briefings, and graphics.
- Uses empathy and functional understanding of stakeholders’ motivations and business objectives to collaborate with, counsel, and influence stakeholders to take full advantage of technical solutions.
- Maintains responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products.
- Participates in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Supports the development and tracking of sequential milestone plans, sprints, and agile prototyping efforts
Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Communications, or a related discipline and a minimum of 7 years of writing, editing, and strategic communications experience, with 3+ years of experience with organizational change management projects. Experience with video production and/or online media is a plus. Experience providing technical training to non-technical audiences is a plus. Experience with enterprise workplace tool deployments and/or technology refresh cycles a plus. Experience in a mid-tier or large company IT department a plus.
Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders and end users of varied backgrounds, seniority, and technical knowledge.
Ability to successfully deliver against multiple priorities in a matrixed environment.
Able to be highly productive and self-driven in fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Team player, who is flexible and responsive to emerging client needs.
Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.