ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
T&D Business Planning, a group within the Asset Management, Strategy, & Engineering (AMS&E) organization, integrates critical functions that enable SCE to effectively prioritize and plan work. The Senior Advisor will be responsible for managing multiple project teams across various Transmission & Distribution functions in support of Affordability, Strategic and Continuous Improvement goals. This position will manage new programs, initiatives, and goals within areas such as business planning, resource planning, portfolio management, affordability, performance management, operations, construction, maintenance and design. In addition, will project manage, facilitate strategy setting, develop roadmaps, lead benchmarking efforts, and provide direction and oversight to teams.
- Assembles and leads cross-functional teams to develop and implement business cases and strategies for continuous improvement.
- Facilitates projects that are often transformational and strategic that have significant operational and/or financial impact to the department or company.
- Facilitates strategy setting and develop roadmaps to meet future vision.
- Manages and directs cross-functional teams to address issues and solve problems.
- Establishes project objectives, resource requirements, project schedules, and metrics to evaluate success.
- Makes strategic decisions regarding establishing and changing project/program direction.
- Identifies and manages resolution of major or complex issues.
- Maintains progress reports, communicates team status, and manages risks and mitigations to project schedule and program goals.
- Gathers benchmarking and research data and makes recommendations in regards to SCE and its current structure and/or approach regarding how SCE currently does business.
- Acts as a key consultant to management for both functional and broad business issues.
- Interacts regularly with all levels of management and conducts presentations to executives for decisions and updates on status of projects.
- Develops OCM and communication materials.
- Occasional travel may be required within assigned SCE territory.
- Maintains a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices and performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Ten or more years of experience managing and implementing multiple projects/programs, including maintaining scope and resources, and overseeing the tracking, and reporting of project/program performance.
- Five years of experience managing cross-functional project teams that improve processes, address unique issues, and solve complex business problems.
- Experience in the development of strategic plans, developing roadmaps, and setting goals to meet department or company vision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop and execute business plans, manage risks, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience analyzing information and data, developing recommendations and solutions, and effectively communicating recommendations to senior management.
- Experience working with and/or supporting electric utility projects.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Project Management Certificate.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- The primary work location for this position is Pomona Village 2.
- Position will require up to 20% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.