At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Production and Investment Planning group will support all business units across the Disney enterprise to identify and access worldwide government based incentive opportunities, including but not limited to, worldwide film and television production incentives. The Production and Investment Planning group will identify opportunities for savings, evaluate and minimize risks and assist in implementing the changes necessary to realize those benefits in a fashion aligned with operational objectives. The Production and Investment Planning group will work collaboratively with the Tax Planning Group and all business units and joint ventures as well as operational stakeholders including government relations, finance, legal affairs, business affairs, and accounting. The Production and Investment Planning group will be the Disney liaison to government representatives when discussing and negotiating government based incentives.
The Senior Advisor, Production Planning will have overall responsibility to manage film and television production incentives for the production based business units (Lucas, Marvel, Walt Disney Studios, ABC Studios, ABC Cable Network Group, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Research and develop a deep understanding of all domestic and international production incentives;
- Provide all Disney production based business units with information regarding opportunities to access government supported film and television production incentives.
- Day-to-day strategic and operational planning, advice and support for Disney production based business units:
- Liaise with the business units to maximize the value of production incentives (refundable, self-utilized and transferable);
- Develop legal entity and transactional structures for business initiatives and ventures to support accessing government incentives;
- Identify and resolve operational issues;
- Manage the sale of transferable tax credits.
- Monitor and advise production based business units of potential changes to existing or pending legislation that impacts incentives
- Advise external government representatives of the interpretation and impact of production incentives (laws, pending bills, regulations, guidelines, etc.)
- Build and maintain stellar relationships with film commissioners, brokers and studio counterparts.
- Maintain domestic and international production tax incentive summaries.
- Research and manage state and international reports and economic development studies.
- Create organizational structure overviews/diagrams for the finance, legal, and production departments.
- Act as a liaison with US and International film commissioners.
- Working closely with production executives and creative team members, develop presentations to promote marketing opportunities for various jurisdictions.
- 10+ years of combined tax and studio entertainment industry experience
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a customer-service focused environment and/or experience with government, finance and/or tax related organizations.
- 4-Year degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Advanced degree a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.