ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Senior Advisor within Grid Operations is responsible for developing, implementing, and integrating new technological concepts/solutions and roadmaps as part of SCE's long term Grid Modernization program. This position advises internal and external parties to develop and implement smart grid control and automation technologies on SCE's grid. The Senior Advisor is responsible for leading an effort to build a holistic view of the current and future state grid control technologies/applications, as well as current and future state applications that aligns with the business needs and capabilities of Grid Ops. This position is responsible for leading the development of specifications, designing solutions, and providing consultation to vendors in order to develop new Grid Management products and applications, and to assess the compatibility and overall integration (including integrated process, applications, data and technology) of products/services into the overall Grid Management System supporting T&D. The Senior Advisor represents Grid Ops and SCE at various conferences, industry forums and business matters to ensure SCE's leadership position in a rapidly changing industry.
- Provides operational advice and direction to major programs in the areas of Grid Modernization.
- Advises program/project managers to assist in planning work streams and identify risks and issues.
- Takes responsibility for critical strategic technology decisions effecting Grid Ops.
- Plays an advisory role for Roadmap development and updates relative to key technology direction as well as consulting with the organizational unit after taking into account long-term capabilities requirements and associated project impacts.
- Responsible for communicating, supporting, and evolving the vision for grid modernization relevant to Grid Management and control technologies within Grid Operations.
- Develops and updates of strategic plans that impact both the grid and SCE's business plans in response to changes in technology and the regulatory landscape.
- Integrates efforts across different areas, manages risks appropriately, supports and executes business plans that could enhance customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Provides technical direction to project teams and govern project adherence to standards.
- Effective resource planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Ten years of experience in strategic planning, implementing new technologies, and/or managing resources and organizations.
- Experience with operating grid management tools, products, and applications and/or Grid Modernization initiatives.
- Experience in the electrical utility industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience serving as a consultant and SME to executive management.
- Ability to represent the company to external groups and agencies and may prepare testimony.
- Supports execution of a portfolio of large, multi-year strategic projects and programs supporting Grid Modernization. Supports cross-functional teams to achieve objectives and goals.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- The primary work location for this position is Pomona Village 3.
- Position will require up to 20% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.