The Senior Employee Relations Advisor is responsible for providing advice and counsel to managers and employees on a variety of employee relations and/or labor relations and management issues.
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION WITH LIMITED TRAVEL TO THE SITE.
- Works collaboratively with and provides day-to-day coaching and advice to Senior Business Unit, Functional or Regional leaders, managers and all other assigned employees in a large variety of employee relations issues, performance management, and policy interpretation.
- Reviews and assists managers in drafting corrective action, performance improvement, and termination documentation.
- Identifies and analyzes legal/compliance risks in employment situations
- Partners with the Labor & Employment Legal team to review and make recommendations on complex issues, such as terminations, investigations, and medical issues/accommodations, to effectively manage company risk.
- Stays current on employment law and employment law trends.
- Conducts internal investigations of simple to moderate complexity, documents findings and makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Global Learning team to develop and deploy manager effectiveness, HR compliance, and other employee relation-related training programs.
- Provides support to managers and other HR functions throughout annual performance reviewprocess. This includes helping craft IIGs, development plans and quality written and verbal feedback.
- Tracks and interprets trends in employee relations to proactively identify issues and develop training and other solutions.
- Leads and/or participates in departmental projects/initiatives focused on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment based on policies, procedures, practices, risk factors and precedent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence and effectively influence the decision-making process
- Knowledge of employment law preferably
- Experience supporting Sr. Business Unit, Function or Region leadership level client groups
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferably in Management, Human Resources or Psychology
- Minimum of 6 years of cumulative direct Employee Relations experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing a wide variety of complex, high risk and sensitive employment-related cases from intake to investigation to resolution
- SPHR or PHR preferred.