Energy for What’s Ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Strategy, Integrated Planning and Performance:
The electric industry is changing rapidly and Southern California Edison (SCE) is facing an opportunity to reshape the role of regulated utilities in California. SCE’s Strategy, Integrated Planning, and Performance (SIPP) organization builds and manages the company’s highest priority strategic interests and integrates grid and resource planning efforts across the company.
SCE has outlined an exciting strategy that includes proactively achieving climate objectives, while continuing to modernize the grid and become a world-class utility operator. Successfully accomplishing this wide-range of objectives will require careful planning, prioritization, and alignment. The Senior Advisor of Business Planning will be responsible for developing a company-wide business plan that will balance achievement of all SCE objectives while considering financial, operational, and regulatory constraints. The Senior Advisor must work with both senior management, OU leadership, and business planning teams to optimize activities towards company objectives. This will require understanding constraints and trade-offs and making important decisions on where to focus.
- Works closely with senior management, OU leadership and business planning teams optimizing activities toward overall SCE objectives
- Coordinate cross-functional teams including OU business planning groups, asset management teams, op finance, RAMP, and GRC teams to align on business plan elements, SCE objectives, and to identify how existing activities support SCE objectives
- Participate in efforts to redefine operating plans and establish a single source of truth for financial data across SCE
- Develop business plan scenarios to evaluate different priorities and potential options to achieving SCE objectives
- Work with OU business planning teams and performance management teams to develop option sets to meet business planning scenarios considering financial, operational, and regulatory constraints
- Integrate option sets from various OUs into a single company-wide business plan understanding trade-offs and cross-OU constraints
- Develop recommendations for senior management and facilitate working sessions to align on company-wide business plan
- Develop and publish finalized business plan including guidance for operating plans and evaluation of: execution feasibility, financial and regulatory implications.
- Revise future-state business planning processes and develop analysis to prepare for future business plan implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field, i.e., mathematics, economics, business, finance or related
- Three years of experience developing business plans, operating plans, or supporting GRC activities
- Nine years of experience pulling and synthesizing data from various sources (e.g. recent regulatory decisions, previous business/operating plans)
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field, i.e., statistics, mathematics, economics or related.
- Proven experience working across business units, rate cases, analyses, etc., related to information and decision making
- Experience in quantifying risk, costs, and benefits of various SCE activities
- Experience with assessing trade-offs across OUs and identifying implications for company objectives
- Experience with companywide initiatives influencing implementation of objectives, processes, and projects
- Ability to drive and implement change in a change-resistant environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to coordinate and lead meetings
- Strong logical thinking and quick learning abilities
- Experience developing and delivering presentations for senior officers and/or board
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- This position may be eligible for relocation assistance.