Analyzes, designs, and assists in the development, implementation, and management of benefits programs to ensure appropriate recruitment, retention, and motivation of staff. Develops recommendations to modify or implement new programs, policies, and procedures in the areas of health and welfare employee and retiree benefits including but not limited to financial wellness, physical and mental wellness, caregiving and leave programs and federal and state regulatory program compliance. Utilizes project management and research skills on benefits related projects as well as occasional more generalized HR related initiatives (e.g., annual compensation planning, HRIS, etc.).
- Responsible for researching, analyzing and designing new benefit programs and/or recommending modifications to existing programs as requested or needed. New benefit programs may come out of the “best practice” work the Director, Employee Benefits is engaged in.
- Reinforce ongoing effort to enhance employee and retiree understanding of plan offerings and promote individual accountability within communication and education materials.
- Provides specific communications guidance for various programs that span employees and retirees including but not limited to written, legally required, InfoNet content, vendor communications as well as state and federal compliance.
- Responsible for testing tools and applications that support Benefit programs providing end-user and functionality focused feedback.
- Responsible for Benefits related Requests for Proposal management, employee and retiree planappeals process, and plays an integral role in the annual Open Enrollment process and deployment.
- Develops educational and training materials related to the enhancement of employee knowledge and utilization of employee benefit and retiree programs.
- Serve as a resource to all Benefit employees on process improvement, automation, communications and any area where business-related consultative feedback may be necessary.
This position will require significant benefits knowledge and practical experience in a Health and Welfare administration role. Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills a must. Excellent benefits market research and project management skills are required. Experience in the health and financial wellness space a plus. Success will be made possible by effectively partnering with other HR functions (HR Business Consulting Services/Talent Development/Talent Acquisition, HRIS and Payroll).
• Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Human Resources, Business Management or other related field.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
•10+ years’ experience in benefits plan administration and communications.
• 5+ years of project management and market research experience.
• Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred