TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
Develops new technologies and provides technical support to seismic processing personnel and clients as required. Works to keep abreast of industry advances to keep company technology at leading edge. Helps to troubleshoot processing problems and advises in different techniques to solve geophysical problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new technologies and provides technical support to seismic processing team and clients as required.
- Responsible for and able to deliver R&D tasks on time
- Make sure that any technology you develop is production ready, complete with full user documentation
- Prepare presentations and provide training on the use of the developed technologies to the processing teams
- Take responsibility for your own safety, and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Master and/or PhD degree in Geophysics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or related field
- 12 to 16 years of relevant experience
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Industry recognized expert in at least one research area in depth or time processing
- Demonstrates strong customer/client-focus and good service attitude
- Proven track record of delivering technologies to production on time
- Strong programming skills
- Good communication, able to effectively interact with others about key time or depth processing technology
- Good presentation skills, able to present technical papers internally as well as externally
- Strong problem solving skills and strong decision making abilities
- Leadership skills are recognized by others
- Has authored or co-authored several papers and presented at a major convention and/or symposiums. This is exclusive of any papers or presentations given as a student at a university.
- Some knowledge of computer hardware is a plus
- Innovative ideas are recognized as being a key to the success of at least one processing project.