Senior Advanced Systems Manager-Tactical Solutions: Imaging & Surveillance Mission Area
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Advanced Systems Manager- Tactical Solution: Imaging and Surveillance Mission Area
The Senior Advanced Systems Manager for Imaging and Surveillance (IAS) shall manage the LADAR receiver technologies and support the development of future products and systems within Tactical Solution (TS), a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) of Ball Aerospace. TS is focused on providing EO and RF technologies to the war fighter, developing components and systems for military aircraft, missile, ground, space and ship applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and communicate the entire vision and technical roadmap for Lidar-related products to keep the business relevant and competitive
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Collaborate with customers, team members, and outside influencers to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of products and development needs
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in business, product, design, and engineering
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products, solutions, and company offerings
- Act as the main interface with the Customer and main Ball representative on all product related subjects.
- Travel is expected with a frequency of one monthly trip at a minimum
- Communicate development status to Upper Management.
- Manage and support proposals, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in related field, such as engineering or physics, plus 15 or more years related experience including design, fabrication, test and management.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical terms and concepts
- Existing DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Experience and expertise with GmAPD cameras and related LIDAR receivers
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Interpersonal skills with keen ability to explain complex concepts across the organization and to large audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects
- LIDAR and E/O design experience is desired.
- A self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget and schedule issues at the detail level
- Ability to lead and effectively negotiate program awards is desired.
- Comfortable and competent with MS Office computer tools including: WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT and OFFICE.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills
- Business Development or New Business Experience is desired.
- Proposal Management experience, including familiarity with government requirements, is desired.
- Familiar with general government contractual requirements is desired.
- Experience with an ISO 9001 environment is desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.