Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Advanced Systems Manager – Advanced Development (Strategic Technology & Commercial Aerospace)
Customer-focused leader sought to lead new business capture activities in Advanced Development. Successful candidate must have a strong technical background as well as customer focused, collaborative leadership qualities.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on capturing programs within the Strategic Technology and Commercial Aerospace Business unit.
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on developing new customers and product lines for Ball Aerospace.
- Develop and implement multi-year strategic plan for Ball Aerospace Modelling and Simulation.
- Direct innovative research and establish industrial partnerships necessary to develop an aerospace company wide modelling and simulation framework, supporting mission partner/architecture needs for multiple business units, missile defense simulation needs, tactical sensor business unit needs, civil space, commercial space, and government customer (on site) needs.
- Direct innovative research and execute multi-year plan to develop the modelling and simulation capability.
- Direct/lead other advanced systems managers in Advanced Development.
- Assess market potential and develop investment plans to penetrate new markets using the modelling and simulation capabilities.
- Develop CAPEX needs statements and resource plans to implement modelling and simulation framework.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts commensurate with Ball Aerospace financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above.
- Demonstrate, through results, a history of quality decision-making with timeliness in mind.
- Implement creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Navigate roadblocks with ease – focusing on results and persevering through setbacks.
- Provide inputs to long-term roadmaps for technology development, opportunity identification, capture management, and proposal efforts.
- Coordinate customer contacts with key government and industry customers.
- Establish and track budgets for capture team.
- Establish and meet sales goals within this area.
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing related proposal activities.
- Fostering innovative design approaches and rapid prototyping within Ball Aerospace procedures and policies.
- Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field is required, plus 15 or more years of related experience in defense or a related industry.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Program management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead highly motivated design teams.
- Strong technical writing skills and demonstrated ability to lead proposal teams including establishing win strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Must be a superb presenter with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge/experience working in advanced simulation architectures. Established relationships with key personnel within customer communities.
- Leadership skills including experience in structuring and leading a results oriented organization with a proven record of achieving goals and expectations.
- Track record of accomplishing results through a matrix environment, motivating staff and providing latitude and independence to team members. Influence and motivate without direct authority.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.