What we do:
The Audit Group assists the Bank's Board of Directors and senior management in the effective discharge of their fiduciary responsibilities by providing reasonable assurance that the Bank and its operations are being run in an effective, efficient and well-controlled manner. The Audit Group does this by assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within the Bank’s business areas over (1) financial reporting, (2) effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and (3) compliance with laws and regulations, as well as the adequacy of the Bank's risk management and governance processes.
Your role as VP-SVP Audit:
- You will serve as the Audit Group’s Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) and will be responsible for overseeing and tracking all of our administrative activities (e.g. budget, costs).
- Manage a comprehensive internal audit program, including performance, operational, financial, and compliance audit projects; provide significant input to development of the annual internal audit plan; and ongoing training, and guidance to internal audit staff.
- Develop relationships within the Audit Group and with Executive Committee members/Senior Leaders at FRBNY, Senior Executives in the other Federal Reserve Banks, Board of Governors and across the Federal Reserve System, which will allow the Audit Group to influence the Bank’s goals.
- Represent the Audit Group on Senior Bank and System Committee meetings, Audit & Risk Committee meetings, and with external organizations as needed.
- Oversee advanced-level professional internal auditing work with emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist management in the completion of their goals.
- Oversee the performance of audit procedures, including identifying issues, developing criteria, analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes.
- Direct development of the annual audit plan based on identified risks.
- Communicate the results of audit work via written reports and presentations to senior management, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure all internal audit activities, comply with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Lead the department’s quality assurance activities.
What we are looking for:
- Have one or more of the following certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Fifteen years of experience in internal auditing, external auditing, operations, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including supervisory or project management experience.
- Demonstrate high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to oversee the daily operations of a large and diverse team.
- Strong organizational and execution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree a plus.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.